Scheduling for the Defensive Driving training is to be determined – Check back for more details.
Defensive driving is driving to prevent crashes in spite of the incorrect actions of others or adverse driving conditions.
Here is what we’ll be exploring in this training:
- The objective is to demonstrate an understand of the analytics of defensive driving techniques
- Implement the Smith System Training to utilize defensive driving
- The objective is to increase awareness of the actions a CMV driver can take to compensate for the incorrect actions of others or adverse driving conditions such as weather, traffic, lighting, vehicle or road conditions
- Actions Defensive Drivers need to implement
- Actions when driving
- Adverse driving conditions
- Lane change/control passing
- Pedestrians – review Pedextrian Video to increase awareness
- Emergency situation
- JJ Keller Defensive Driving Video