Scheduling for the Backing & Liftgates training is to be determined – Check back for more details.
Here is what we’ll be exploring in this training:
- Backing – Objective is to recognize the importance to implement GOAL and be able to identify proper backing procedures
- Review GOAL
- Review the proper way to steer an articulated vehicle
- Review steering principles
- Review 4 ways of backing: straight line, parallel parking, alley or dock backing, jackknife backing.
- Reducing Speeding
- The objective is to create an awareness of the effects speeding has on the industry as a whole.
- Identify and review statistics surrounding speeding
- Review impact violations have on the individual BASIC scores, CSA and PSP’s
- Liftgates & Overall Equipment Safety
- Liftgate & equipment safety – the objective is to recognize the hazards associated with all mobile equipment
- Review industry statistics and identify ways to protect yourself from harm while working with liftgates & other tractor or trailer equipment